MEDISCA has long-since been an avid supporter of CAPSI, which was developed to promote and advocate for the interests of Canadian pharmacy students. CAPSI aims to provide pharmacy students with the opportunity to experience educational and industry-related events that will help to prepare them for a future in healthcare.
The Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns organizes a Professional Development Week where a number of fun and educational activities take place. Students get the chance to participate in a conference, a competition, a health fair and a gala. MEDISCA is proud to be a supporter of these activities and recognizes the importance of fostering the next generation of pharmacists.
Here are some details surrounding this year’s Professional Development Week:
• This year’s event will take place January 6th to 9th, 2016 at Sheraton on the Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
• In addition to being a Gold Sponsor at this year’s event, MEDISCA supports CAPSI by helping them prepare for their annual pharmacy competition and providing a majority of the tools and equipment used during the competition, such as:
- The complete competition workbooks (questions and formulae) for the regional and national compounding competitions.
- The judge’s competition workbooks and evaluation forms for the regional and national compounding competitions.
- All of the chemicals and disposable equipment used in the regional and national compounding competitions.
• On top of being a Gold Sponsor and helping to organize the competition, MEDISCA is also proud to provide over $10,000 to CAPSI in support of the cash prizes awarded by it to the competition winners and their respective universities.
• MEDISCA will also provide the winning team with four Merck Indexes, as well as an optic crystal trophy in honour of their success!
Sign up for free email updates to receive the latest news about products, services and events from MEDISCA.
Participate in our MD Dispenser survey now!
You have successfully added to the cart.
Please note that MEDISCA will no longer accept any returns and will not issue any credits for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Copyright® 1986-2019 Medisca Inc.
All rights reserved
Back to Top